COVID-19 Health Advisory Updates
UPDATE - May 19, 2020
To our Clients and their Families:
We are excited to let you know that we will be reopening for in person counselling starting May 25, 2020! We want to thank you so much for your adaptability to online counselling.
As you are aware, the government is allowing businesses to reopen and we will begin with a “soft” reopening. We want you to know that the safety and well being of our clients and our PPCC staff is our priority and therefore we will be following protocols outlined by WorkSafe BC.
As we begin our transition, please discuss with your Counsellor your desire for future sessions. In addition to in person counselling, we will continue to offer online and/or phone counselling appointments.
Peace Portal Counselling Centre has been a welcoming, safe and peaceful place for many of you and we want to maintain that feeling moving forward. We care deeply for our clients and staff. We will require patience and grace as we move forward.
We do request that if your preference is in person counselling and if you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay at home and reschedule your appointment or opt for an online session.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in person soon!
Susie Lang-Gould, MA, RCC
Director, Peace Portal Counselling Centre
Here are some changes for you to be aware of:
Upon arriving to the Counselling Centre, Clients and Counsellors will be asked the following three questions:
- Do you have any of these symptoms: fever, coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath or fatigue?
- Have you travelled internationally in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has COVID-19?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, we ask that you stay home and request an online session.
- Initially we will only have three Counsellors working at the same time. Session start times may be delayed to allow for social distancing as clients go to and from the offices.
- As you come into PPCC, we ask that you use the hand sanitizer near the door. You will be directed to a large classroom that allows for more social distancing until your Counsellor comes to bring you to your session.
- Regular cleaning of the high touch surfaces will be conducted throughout the day.
- Our rooms have been reconfigured to maintain the social distance protocols.
- Payments will continue to be online and we are asking you to please reschedule your sessions with your Counsellor or online. Our administration team will be at the front desk for any questions that you may have.
- All of our Counsellors will be offering a hybrid of in person and online counselling. This provides the opportunity to continue counselling when either the Client or Counsellor may be feeling slightly unwell, but still well enough for the session.
- At this time we will not be able to offer beverages. Please bring your own water or coffee to sessions.
- Our restrooms will be open for use.
We're Here to Help You
A Message from Susie Lang-Gould, Director of PPCC
UPDATE - March 17, 2020
ALL counselling sessions will be done remotely beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
What you need to know:
- We will be using a video conferencing program called ZOOM.
- You will receive a link via email to a live video-feed conference call between you and your counsellor. There is no need to download a program to your computer. The email will arrive a few minutes prior to your session. Once you click on the link, your session is live and the counsellor will join you.
- Our Administrative staff will be available via phone or email from Monday-Friday 9am-4:30pm.
What you need to do:
- If you do not feel that you need to keep your session, please call or email us to cancel your appointment.
- Please ensure we have your email address on file by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact us prior to your appointment with your credit card information so payment can be made ahead of your session. If a credit card is not available to you, please contact us to make other arrangements.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at 604-542-2501 or email@example.com