COVID-19 Health Advisory Updates
Update for November 24, 2020
Effective November 24th, according to the public health order, clients 12 years and older are required to wear masks in our public spaces.
Where possible, clients only in the office (i.e. no children, friends or family).
Some Changes to be Aware of
- Upon arriving to the Counselling Centre, Clients and Counsellors will be asked the following three questions:
- Do you have any of these symptoms: fever, coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath or fatigue?
- Have you travelled internationally in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has COVID-19?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, we ask that you stay home and request an online session.
- As you come into PPCC, we ask that you use the hand sanitizer near the door. You will be directed to a large classroom that allows for more social distancing until your Counsellor comes to bring you to your session.
- Regular cleaning of the high touch surfaces will be conducted throughout the day.
- Our rooms have been reconfigured to maintain the social distance protocols.
- Payments will continue to be online and we are asking you to please reschedule your sessions with your Counsellor or online. Our administration team will be at the front desk for any questions that you may have.
- All of our Counsellors will be offering a hybrid of in person and online counselling. This provides the opportunity to continue counselling when either the Client or Counsellor may be feeling slightly unwell, but still well enough for the session.
- At this time we will not be able to offer beverages. Please bring your own water or coffee to sessions.
- Our restrooms will be open for use.
We're Here to Help You
A Message from Susie Lang-Gould, Director of PPCC
If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at 604-542-2501 or email@example.com